ARRIVAL GATEWAY & VISA
Passport/visa requirements: In order to visit Cambodia, a visa is required for most nationalities. A passport with at least six month validity is required. Philippine and Malaysian nationals do not require tourist visas for a stay up to 21 and 30 days respectively. Singaporean nationality is also exempt from the usual visa requirement.
Visa on arrival is not permitted for holders of the following passports: Afghanistan; Algeria; Bangladesh; Iran; Iraq; Pakistan; Saudi Arabia; Sri Lanka; and Sudan. Holders of these passports must obtain a Cambodian visa before arriving in the country. Holders of these passports are also required to hold a sponsor letter or invitation from a company / organization / travel agent, and you are also advised to hold a valid return ticket.
All Foreign Visitors are now able to obtain the Cambodia visa upon arrival at the airport. It is no longer necessary to get the visa stamp at the Cambodian Embassy before your visit. Just prepare the following documents:
- A Passport Photocopy
- 1 photos (3 x 4 size)
- US$ 30 Cash for tourist visa fee (Paid directly to the Immigration)
Availability: It is very easy to travel to Cambodia. Cambodian visas are available to most nationalities on arrival at all international airports in Cambodia (Phnom Penh and Siem Reap), at overseas Cambodian embassies, at most international border crossing checkpoints in Cambodia, and through the online E-Visa procedure.
The Cambodian Ministry of Foreign Affairs now offers 'e-visa' - visas available online through the Ministry's website. Scan of passport and passport size photo required. Payment by credit card. US$30 for a 30 day visa (three month validity.) Processing time: 3 days. Issued by email and print from your computer. The Ministry recently announced that e-visa entry points now include Siem Reap International Airport, Phnom Penh International Airport, the Bavet/Moc Bai border crossing, the Poipet/Aranyaprathet border crossing and the Koh Kong/Had Lek border crossing. To order an E-visa see the following website: http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/e-visa/vindex.aspx
Renew visas through a travel agent or the ‘Immigration Department’ on Confederation de Russie (‘Airport Road’), located opposite Phnom Penh International Airport. Tel: 012-581558. Fax: 023-890380. E-mail: email@example.com. Renew Diplomatic, Courtesy and Official visas at the Consular section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Visas at Overland Border Crossings
Border crossing with Laos: Border policies are not stable. Travelers report that Cambodian visas are available at the border but Laotian visas are not available at the border.
Border crossings with Vietnam: Cambodian visas are available at the Moc Bai/Bavet and 'Chau Doc' border crossings. There is conflicting information about the availability of Cambodian visas at Prek Chak. Vietnamese visas are not available at any overland border crossing.
Border crossings with Thailand: Cambodian visas and 30-day Thai transit visas are available at all Thai/Cambodian border crossings. Thai transit visas are free of charge. Other types of Thai visas are not available.
* Most nationalities are eligible for a one-month visa on arrival at Phnom Penh Airport, Siem Reap Airport, Sihanouk ville Airport and other land borders as listed below. The cost is $30 for a tourist visa. Bring payment in US dollars and one passport photo. Please be aware that sometimes there can be long queues at the airport when obtaining a visa on arrival, however in general the queues move fairly quickly.
* Cambodia electronic-visa can also be obtained by accessing the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation - Kingdom of Cambodia at https://www.evisa.gov.kh
* Please make sure your passport is valid more than 6 months from the date of arrival in each country you are visiting. Also, make sure you have enough blank pages for visa sticker.
* Visa on arrival can be obtained through below gateways:
* Cambodia Airports:
1- Siem Reap International Airport
2- Phnom Penh International Airport
3- Sihanouk Ville International Airport
2- Poipet (Beantey MeanChay Province)
3-Prom (Pailin City)
4-Daung (Battambang Province)
6-Cham Yeam (Koh Kong Province)
7-O’smach (Oddar Meanchey)
1-Bavet (Svay Rieng Province)
2-Kaom Samnor(Kandal Province)
3-Phnom Den(Takeo Province)
4-Trapaing Sre(Kratie Province)
5-Tropaing Phlong (Kampong Cham Province)
* Cambodia-Laos: PDR: Dong Kralor( Steung Treng Province).
* Note: Some land borders do not accept e-visa so you will need to check this info on website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation https://www.evisa.gov.kh/ before you proceed to apply for e-visa.